Tarmac is a very hard-wearing surface for driveways, carparks, roads and pavements. Tarmac is a perfect choice for a surface for your driveway.
Tarmac is very low maintenance therefore it is an ideal choice for a driveway. You can just sweep, or jet wash the surface. It is able to withstand heavy vehicles. Tarmac is weather resistant as well as being strong and durable.
How is a new tarmac drive completed:
There is a set process to laying a tarmac drive to ensure that you achieve the best results this is as follows:
- The process begins by excavating the area
- Muck Away -all the waste material will then be removed from the site
- New edgings that have been agreed will be installed.
- A Surface water drainage system will be installed
- A weed membrane will be installed
- Type 1 MOT base course will be laid. A base course is under the surface to provide extra draining and strength.
- Binder course is then layed which will sit between the surface and the this helps to distribute the load easily.
- The Surface course is the final layer and is is the layer that is in direct contact with the traffic load and its smooth surface improves traction and reduces skidding.
The tarmac is rolled and usually can be used for your driveway immediately.
Your new tarmac driveway will last around 12-20 years. The more you take care of it the longer it will last. If you are in need of as new tarmac driveway or have any questions, contact our experts today and we will be more than happy to help you. Our experts are happy to provide a no obligation quote and discuss your requirements over a cuppa.