When looking to choose a surfacing contractor it is important that you look for the following qualities to ensure that you will receive the best possible service and that your project is completed to the highest standard.
- Experience – It goes without saying that experience speaks volumes in any professional service. You should always look for a surfacing contractor who has a proven track record. Also, if you have a specific surface requirement such as concrete, asphalt or pavers it is worth ensuring that the contractor you choose is experienced in the material you wish to utilise.
- Reputation – Word of mouth really does go a long way. If you take the time to research your contractor, you will be able to find out about how reliable they are in their industry and find references from previous clients. A good reputation is always a great indication that you are choosing the right surfacing contractor.
- Check credentials – Surfacing contractors need to be licenced and hold a valid up to date permit. This will ensure that you can be confident that the contractor has insurance and is working legally and to local regulation standards.
- Quality workmanship – When choosing a contractor, you will want to ensure that the work they carry put is to a high standard. Look at previous projects and their portfolio.
- Communication – Communication is vital during a surfacing project ensure that you choose a contractor who is easy to communicate with and transparent regarding deadlines, any issues, and costs.
- Safety first – Safety is number one priority when it comes to surfacing so it is vital to make sure that the contractor you choose to work with follows health and safety regulations. Always make sure you check their certificates.
- Reliability -Delays can be costly when it comes to projects as well as frustrating. Choose a contractor who is known for meeting deadlines and that are reliable.
- Competitive price – We all want to make sure we get the most for our money so ensure you get a few quotes and don’t be afraid to negotiate on price. Always be wary if a price seems too good to be true it probably is.
- Flexibility – A good contractor will be flexible and will be able to overcome any problems that may arise during construction projects.
By following these simple steps when it comes to choosing a surfacing contractor you will be able to rest assured your project is in safe hands. To speak to one of our experts here at Allmac contact us today and we will be able to discuss your surfacing contract needs.